Derwent Valley Light Railway

Previous
Next

Fowler 4200022 built 1948

Picture by Trevor Humbey

The Fowler diesel mechanical center cab was built from the early 1930s up to 1949. The design was particularly common and popular with the military authorities, supplying 120 during the Second World War for government and military use. This class was built in the 137-150hp-power range and many were fitted with Fowler-Sanders engines. This example is of the 150hp and was purchased from the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway in 1989 where it had stood for 14 years; this loco has had several owners over the years, one of which was Vauxhaull Motors. British Railways owned six of this class in the engineering department.

Back to Derwent Valley Light Railway Stock Gallery